Almost a week has gone since my first blog post and I could not be more proud of myself. I have had multiple people come up to me and say "daily is too much, you won't have anything to say, you'll get tired of writing!" Although this may be true, I have found that everyday there is now something to look forward to and it further shows how much I really want to continue this journey. When I saw that today's word was "secret" I was having a hard time figuring out where I wanted to take this topic. I feel like secret has always had a bad rep because it insinuates that you are hiding something from the world. This may not necessarily be true, I firmly believe there are plenty of things that I don't broadcast to the world and yes, there are some things that are bad, but there are also just as much, if not more things that are good. So here is my challenge for the day, try to list off as many things as you can that people don't know about you and could be considered your own personal secrets. Since this blog was originally designed to get me out of my comfort zone, I will share my list with you.
1. I secretly created this website hoping a future employer would see this and want to hire me.
2. After working on this site, I have discovered it has become so much more than a "virtual resume". (more like a piece of me and what I stand for.)
3. I just signed a contact with Piedmont College to be their Director of Residential Education!
4. One of my biggest regrets in life is not kissing a girl on New Years (you know who you are).
5. I have a blonde birthmark under my hair, I keep it secret just to freak out new hair-cutters.
6. I won't be invested in a book if someone doesn't die within the first two chapters.
7. I secretly root for the villain sometimes more than the hero (Go team Phantom!)
8. Yes, the pizza I'm taking out of the oven is just for me.
9. I secretly question my religious beliefs on a normal basis.
10. I intentionally broke up two relationships so I could date the girl, I'm not proud of that one.
11. I secretly sabotage my own relationships after 3-6 months of dating..
(I don't do it on purpose and I don't know why I do it.)
12. I secretly wrote a novel for a good number of years, I never got more than 5 chapters into it.
13. I only keep games in my apartment that I'm good at. I'm secretly very competitive!
14. I think my sister is one of the best people in the world, don't tell her I said that.
15. I keep two Christmas wreaths up in my apartment because they make me happy.
16. I secretly like hugs.
17. I secretly hate football.
18. I trust others very easily, but when you break my trust, I will hold a huge grudge.
19. I honestly don't know anything about politics and like it that way.
20. Most of the time I feel like I understand women more often than men.
21. Friend's weddings put me on edge, one more step toward being alone.
22. I'm afraid of being alone.
23. It worries me I recently chose work over a social life.
24. When done eating, I fidget with things in front of me...this means I'm ready to go do something.
25. I secretly look forward to playing chess on a weekly basis!
26. I'm secretly a hopeless romantic, but am also one of the pickiest people you will ever meet.
27. I secretly worry about my mom and her feeling alone.
28. I get paranoid about what my staff thinks of me.
29. I secretly hold my dad at one of the highest levels of respect and admiration, I should tell him.
30. I secretly tried (and failed) to kill my fish, goldfish can survive anything!
31. I secretly want to take the Luminstruct site and make it an online web-series on Youtube.
32. I say I'm a big baker, but I only know how to make a couple of cookies and some brownies.
33. I secretly want to get a dog, however number 30 worries me.
34. I secretly hate driving.
35. I secretly love being the passenger.
36. I gave advice to Band of Brothers students for things that I struggle with as well.
37. I secretly feel like depression might run in our family.
38. I'm secretly trying to come up with three more things to say to have this list end on 40
39. I feel like most people don't see me for who I am, but act like they do.
40. I sing the Frozen soundtrack all the time in my apartment. I'm comfortable with my identity!